JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER: When posting a refashion, please remember to only use your USERNAME (i.e. jenniferelliott14, LaLaLauren) in the LABELS area. Please do not add other labels because an editor will add them at the end of the month. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Monday, 23 January 2012

Wide pants to skirt

I refashioned these wide-leg pants from the 80s into a light, flirty summer skirt. It didn't take much to refashion them because I didn't have to change the waist.

I cut off the legs at the crotch. I took in the front and back center seam for about an inch. Then I unpicked the inner seams on the cut-off pant legs and joined both legs into a wide strap of fabric that I attached to the upper part of the skirt. Without adding this strap, the skirt would be a mini skirt which I don't do, so I had to lengthen it.

More here.

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

very nice! This skirt reminds me of the water in the summer time. :)

LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty