Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sweater + Camisole = Better sweater

ruffles on sweater

This black cardigan was one of my first "interpreter dress code" items. I can throw it over any outfit and instantly have the right backdrop for my hands to sign. (American Sign Language)  It's super warm, but ridiculously plain and boring. I haven't worn it much lately.

I took a pink camisole from my mom's discard pile, cut it up into strips, ruffled them and added them to the edges of the cardigan. It's so pretty and feminine! I added black lace to the inside to cover my messy seam and a little eye hook in case I want to wear it closed.
ruffles on sweater, refashion
It's no longer something I can wear to work.
It's retired.
Refashioned.
Recycled.
Yeah, it's better now.

Amy Jo at The Little Moments

2 comments:

cecylia.com said...

I like the way you think- this is INGEIOUS!! love the mix of these 2 colours! Come follow my blog hun

Unknown said...

Amy Jo, pink and black are two of my favourite colour combinations, I love what you've done here, so feminine!

Erica, Editor on Duty