JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER: When posting a refashion, please remember to only use your USERNAME (i.e. jenniferelliott14, LaLaLauren) in the LABELS area. Please do not add other labels because an editor will add them at the end of the month. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Friday, 30 March 2012

“Golden Girls” T-shirt Gets Glammed Up

love the pattern on the fabric
the fit - not so much

I picked this Golden Girls style t-shirt up at a garage sale for – you guessed it – $1! I figured that if I couldn’t turn it into a wearable top that it would make a great skirt. The fabric is super soft but very thick so perfect for a skirt. Once I tried it on though I really liked how it looked with my skin tone so I was determined to turn it into a top. I played around with it quite a bit and even considered making it into a halter but the fabric was so thick that when the weather was hot enough for a halter top I would be sweating it out in this top. Back to the drawing board – or in my case – the dress form.
And here's the end result:
To see how I did it and a little more details of the end result I've posted a tute at T-Shirt Gets Glammed Up.

3 comments:

gaby said...

love the transformation from Golden Girl to glam, great post!

Beth Huntington said...

Really cute! You are so resourceful!!!

Refashion said...

Looks sooooo comfortable. :) -Seeks, EOD