Friday, March 30, 2012

The Tie-Shirt.....From Casual to Corporate



This introspective young man is planning his long day ahead in the corporate world.
From casual to corporate.....he is boardroom ready in his Tie-Shirt. A pocket handkerchief on a jaunty angle completes this sartorial look.


Boring green t-shirt found for at a local thrift store.



Amazing 1970's tie that I have been hanging onto for a short time waiting for the perfect project to come along.

TUTORIAL
This t -shirt transformation is as easy as it looks.
Find one boring small boys t-shirt with an equally small pocket.

Find the craziest zaniest vintage tie you can. Thrift stores are my shop of choice for retro ties.

Measure the skinny part of the tie from the ribbed neck of the t-shirt to two thirds of the way down.
Cut the tie to fit and pin to the t-shirt to hold in place-next step is to sew into its tie formation.

The jaunty handkerchief in the pocket is obtained from the wide end of the tie. Cut a small length and you may need to fold the sides slightly so it fits into the pocket. Pin the triangle point and then sew in place.

From boring to quirky....this t-shirt will gather many admiring

Mezzy @

http://recycledrepurposedrenewed.blogspot.com.au

5 comments:

Mandi Stephanie said...

oh that is so cute! i bet my eldest would love it, he enjoys something dressy now and then! haha

Eileen Cox said...

Cute - I've been saving men's ties when I find them and using the wider end for cell phone cases - but now I have something I can use the skinny ends for!!! Great idea!

Cassandra Louise said...

Oh! That is absolutely adorable! :-D

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely feedback. I collect retro clothing with no plan in mind. Eventually an idea will form.

Refashion said...

Totally something I should make for my nephew, who has requested to wear ties on his own. :) Thanks! -Seeks, EOD