Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jeans into shorts refashion

Hi everyone :) I have a tiny refashion to share today. It took hardly any work at all and is probably something you've all done a million times but I thought I'd share anyways :)


Yesterday, I made a pair of shorts out of some old jeans that were not being worn. I love wearing shorts (with tights in winter). A girl can never have too many pairs of shorts :)

All I did was cut off the legs where I thought I wanted the shorts to sit on my leg. I didn't hem them. I'm going to wash them a  few times and see if I like the raggy look and if not, I will hem them with some pretty fabric :)

I have tons of refashions and tutorials on my blog, Mammy Made, aswell as recipes and homeschooling ideas. If you'd like to take a look, I'd love to see you over there :)

3 comments:

Sandy said...

hi you might like to make a line of stitching around the line where you might add fabric i you decide to. This is so it won't fray past that line and make it too unstable to sew the fabric hem.
just use a similar colour of blue and it won't change the look. sometimes jeans fray rather too much in one place and not enough in another due to the twill weave.
Sandy in the UK

Adele said...

Thanks hun, I didn't think of that. I'll definitely do that x

Bat Ma'am said...

I heart shorts, I do this too. Thanks for the tips, both of you, I didn't think to add a fabric to.the bottom, great idea!