Sunday, March 25, 2012

Who's sari now?

(I’ll just slap myself since you can’t).


I seem to be on a roll with the Goodge Street thrifts from last year. One ethnic garment = simple bottoms and a camisole-esque top for the times I need to wear pajamas this coming summer. The full story is in the usual place.


IWOM


PS - almost forgot. Does anybody want to swap me something really cool for this green dress? I asked our lovely editors and they said I could make the offer here on RFC.

I’ve left it unhemmed but did machine sew matching binding to the armholes and neckline (it still needs to be tacked down), plus you can have all the extra bits of dyed to match fabric for any adjustments you might want to make. I reckon it should fit a tall USA14/UK 16-18, maybe a tad bigger lady as it is a very lose fit.


A UK swap can take place as soon as an agreement is reached. A USA swap can be arranged for April when I’m on that side of the pond (in order to keep our respective postage costs down). Actually, I’d even consider a Sydney based swap for when we are on that side of the planet come this August -- not that you’d be wanting to wear something like this in YOUR August! (Don’t blog by the name IWOM for nuthin’, me). First Co-op-ette/esse to offer something I simply can’t live without (like about four meters/yards of fabric) gets this green goddess/leprechaun/Kermit-colored dress. If you are interested, please contact me through my refashion blog (not the comments bit here!!!) and we’ll make it happen.



No comments: