Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Mens shirt to little girl's dress

I've hardly posted lately :( I've been busy making lots out of my fabric stash but nothing refashioned. I've just found this tutorial I had saved but forgot to post *facepalm* It's quite old now and I still haven't finished it off yet *must get motivated!!* It's finished enough to wear though so I figured I'll finish off later :P


I looked through my refashion pile (which btw seems to be getting bigger not smaller! How does that work? Must refashion more!) and found this old shirt that Paul gave me a while back. He didn't really like it on so he happily donated it to me.

I decided to make a little girl's dress out of it. I was inspired by this tutorial by Girl. Inspired. I decided I didn't want to do the shirring along the waist (didn't want to...find shirring impossible...whatever lol, same difference in my house). I cut it to be a quite fitted, knee length a-line dress, then added puffed sleeves for which I used this tutorial at MADE.

I ended up with this:

I have yet to finish the bands on the sleeves but I need to find some plain black shirt material first so I'll be charity shopping/Primark-ing it next time I'm in town to find some. Seems a shame to buy a whole shirt just to make two little sleeve bands so I might have to use the rest of the black shirt to make another smaller dress and use leftovers from this one so my two babies can match :) Cute!

4 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Looks fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

The collection you have got are very stylish and adorable,
In my opinion choosing clothes or outfits for kids is very difficult task and specially for baby girls mostly people get confused but the range you have is very helpful in selecting the dress easily.
baby girl dresses

Jenni said...

so adorable!
Jenni
EOD

Unknown said...

Newborn baby clothes is designed for comfort wear. Fabricated from Pure cotton fabric this suit fit perfectly and ensure hassle wear for baby. Very attractive and stylish it’s a baby’s great body comforter!