Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Turning something shabby into something CHIC!

Hi everyone, this is going to be my very first refashion post here, so please be kind :) Today I will be sharing with you how to turn a white Gap shirt into something shabby chic! And since I am not very familiar with Blogger (I have my own blog on Wordpress), the pictures will be a little off, so please forgive me!
Now I've had this "hand-me-down" shirt for almost 3 years now. The story of it is as follows - my girlfriend Anne Marie left a bag of clothes that she didn't want by my door, back when I was living on the Upper West Side in NYC. Now the only problem was - she left it there at midnight, and I didn't get the message until 6 am the next day. And surprisingly enough - it was still there when I went to look for it! Pretty amazing huh? Anyways - on to the refashion.


This is the shirt - size L (I am a small) plus the pocket on the front - I usually call it the kangaroo pocket! I chopped it all off! Sorry no picture of that, but I really did :) Then I took some lace that I freecycled, and pinned it to the bottom:


Sewed everything with my Janome and ended up with this:


The necklace I added is a vintage necklace from my Grandmother! And here is yours truly, wearing my latest refashion - longer in the back -


shorter in the front -


Hope you enjoyed this, let me know what you think!
xo,
Zhenya



3 comments:

Adele said...

That's really nice. I normally don't love the look of tapered tops but you did a really good job with that one, looks brilliant!

- Ellie @ Mammy Made

Zhenya H said...

Thank you Ellie :)

Jenni said...

cute and super fashionable right now!
Jenni
EOD