Monday, March 19, 2012

Pillowcases: Beginnings

So my last post was my most recent pillow case work, where I turned two pillowcases into a fabulous new skirt. Today I want to show you my very first pillowcase work ever--I made this maybe two years ago, and it was my first foray into repurposing fabrics. The design is extremely simple: I kept the open side for the bottom hem, took it in a little bit on the sides, and cut off a few inches of the top to make straps out of. I added a little bit of topstiching, and voila! This is a great first project for a beginning sewer, especially for one who doesn't like to use patterns, like me!

3 comments:

concretenprimroses said...

Very nice. I'm going to check out the skirt.
Kathy

charlotte said...

it looks great, I just love pillowcases!

Unknown said...

Im a big fan of pillowcase's too, this is a wonderful top!