Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rose t-shirt...

Hi, Pam here from Threading My Way.


This refashion started out as an XL men's t-shirt and ended up as a t-shirt for me.

I just had enough fabric!!! The back neck facing has a tiny bit of the asics lettering, but you can't see it, because I've turned the facing so the wrong side of the fabric is showing. Let's face it, the facing doesn't show, so no one (other than you and me), will know how I've done it.

As you can see, I've also used another pre-loved t-shirt for the black on the bodice. I added the black, because I didn't have enough of the blue t-shirt and didn't realise until it was all cut out. I'm rather glad it worked out this way, because I really like the black contrast between the two blues.


The patterned blue fabric is woven, unlike the rest of the t-shirt which is stretch fabric.

As I was using a pre-loved t-shirt, I decided to use the original hems for the bottom of my t-shirt and the sleeves. I was thrilled that I managed to line the hems up perfectly, but, of course, if you look closely, you can see the seams.


I used the Rose T-shirt pattern from Melly Sews You can read more about this refashion here...

... Pam

4 comments:

willywagtail said...

You have made a beautiful, unique garment. Cherrie

charlotte said...

this is such a lovely top, well done.x x x

La La Lauren!!! said...

great job!

LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty

learningnewtricks said...

Gone is the masculine look -- nicely replaced with a feminine touch. Love your refashion.