JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER: When posting a refashion, please remember to only use your USERNAME (i.e. jenniferelliott14, LaLaLauren) in the LABELS area. Please do not add other labels because an editor will add them at the end of the month. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Thursday, 29 March 2012

Shirt to Skirt, stripes


You know how Mena has her "Mena test" for clothes, when she determines whether she actually needs to put a zipper in?  I think I have a "Seeks test" for refashions: If a top can fit over my hips and stay put, it is fair game for a skirt. In fact, it is almost automatically going to be made into a skirt.  See the first example here or here.


I picked up this Old Navy shirt at a Goodwill by my parents months ago. Loving the stripes, but not wanting to just wear it the same as usual way, I tucked it away in my far too big stack for refashions and stewed on it. But the refashion itself is quite simple: Cut off sleeves, Sew a skirt-appropriate silhouette, Wear.



Super comfortable, soft and a little more fun than the standard stripy shirt. :) Blog post here.

2 comments:

Erica Louise said...

Looks great as a skirt, I'll bet it's super comfy to wear too

Erica

Beth Huntington said...

So very clever!!!!
Beth