Monday, December 05, 2011

Refashioned Sweater to Skirt

 Hello, Refashioners!  My name's Seeks, and I'm one of the editors here at Refashion Co-op. I have a blog, The Seek Speak, at which I ramble on about sewing, food, and art. This is actually my first post on a refashion I've made, so I am excited to share this with you.

We started out with a favorite sweater of mine, that I never seemed to find a good time to wear. It had a few holes at the neckline and armscyes, so I often would just pass it over.

My cousin reluctantly passed up on taking it at a recent clothing swap, so I took some inspiration from Bartinki, and transformed this sweater into a skirt and leg warmers.  The sweater worked out very well for this, as the neckline was able to stretch easily to waist width without any alterations.


Since this is a still ungifted present for Christmas, you can read a little more on the refashion and find more pictures at my Crafty Christmas Club post.

Thanks!

1 comment:

dl said...

cute! You are rocking that :)