Tuesday, December 20, 2011

hoodie sweater

This red hoodie wasn't getting much wear...it was a size too big and I'm not a huge hoodie person.   I took a couple inches off the sides and arms which made a big difference it how it fits me.  (I'm pretty excited that I didn't screw this part up! LOL)  

I found some beautiful red fabric for $3 at Craft Bits and Pieces, my favorite crafty junk store and sewed a lining for the hood. 

Hello.  
Awesome. 
Hoodie.
From the front, only a tiny bit of the awesomeness can be seen.


Next up:  a blank white tee (aka: a blank canvas)

$2 white tee from Target (clearance)
Lacy shower curtain from mom
I cut out a hunk of lace from the shower curtain, then sprayed it with spray adhesive.   This helped it stick to my shirt so I didn't have to use a million pins.  I sewed around the edges and in random places in the middle. 

I know this shirt is destined for a stain sooner than later, so I plan to dye it a fun color when that happens.

The Little Moments


Pin It

5 comments:

Charity Sims-Jenkins said...

Ooh, I really like how you've added lining to the hood. Good idea!

Fairevergreen said...

OMG... I LOVE CB&P, too. Hi neighbor. I'll recognize you if I see the hoodie go by. :)

snippa said...

Both brilliant refashions.

Jenni said...

Great tip to use the spray adhesive! Did it was out ok?
Jenni EOD

Amy Jo said...

I was wondering about how the spray adhesive would wash too, and it seems to be fine! I've washed it several times now and it looks great. Cool thing to learn, huh? :)