Thursday, April 26, 2012

Carrie Bradshaw Month: Part 4 (Grand Finale!)

Here at Charity Shop Chic, April has been renamed ‘Carrie Bradshaw Month’ and I have been attempting a series of remakes in tribute to everyone’s favourite fictional fashionista. This is the final part of the series.

For the Grand Finale of Carrie Bradshaw Month, I wanted to do something a bit special. I picked out this pink Oscar De La Renta dress from season 6 as a beautiful inspiration picture and set off to trawl the charity shops of East London for something large and pink to be turned into it.


The shops didn't disappoint... I came home with this pink fitted sheet.


Here's a sneak preview of the result. There are a million pictures and full details of all the pattern drafting techniques that went into this over at my blog, Charity Shop Chic.


 Why not click over to my blog and let me know if you enjoyed Carrie Bradshaw month?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm speechless, seriously

You're one talented seamstress, this 'sheet' dress is beautiful!

Erica, EOD

Sandy said...

I had never heard of Carrie Bradshaw actually. :-/ don't watch much telly.

but I think your knock offs have been much more tasteful and wearable!
Sandy in the UK

concretenprimroses said...

I agree. I always like yours best. This is beautiful and you look lovely in it. Eat your heart out Oscar de la Renta!
Kathy

Bat Ma'am said...

WOW the wardrobe people should have just hired YOU for the show! Amazing job, love it!

Bat Ma'am said...

WOW the wardrobe people should have just hired YOU for the show! Amazing job, love it!

Nettie said...

Gorgeous!! Seriously AMAZING!