Saturday, April 28, 2012

military inspired jacket to world peace vest.

     So firstly I want to apologize for the crappiness of the pics. The camera and myself were having a fight, and as this is an older unfinished- and I say unfinished because the original finish was too boring- project, I don't have any before pics of when it was still a jacket.
     Found this little number on one of my thrift store sprees and automatically fell in luv with it's militaristic, and Asian design, but as I don't like wearing jackets in doors felt it would get more use as a vest I could wear during the winter and the summer. So after removing the sleeves and hand sewing the arm holes (I have access to a sewing machine but prefer to work with my hands as time allows, it's relaxing, plus I feel like I have more control.) I had this-


    I think I may have worn it once...So in order to add interest and make it so it could be worn with more things, decided to add some patches from a button up also found while thrifting. Loved the patches, hated the fit.
and so after hand stitching got this, which will hopefully get more use.

     

     So there's my first real post simple but I'm starting small :)- QueenOfNothing

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Simple is sometimes the best way to refashion! Welcome! -Seeks, EOD