Sunday, April 22, 2012

My New Happy Dress!

Took another one of my old mini shifts with matching boxers and brought it back for a second life:   
made a long time ago when I wore mini's

 


with a discreet pair of boxer shorts (teehee)





To add some length, I cut the dress in two along an empire waistline and inserted a strip of contrasting fabric:
a hot pink paisley print from my fabric stash

I also let the hem down and trimmed it with bias tape made from the contrasting fabric:
a bit blurry, but you get the idea...

To add a little more width to the skirt part, I took apart the boxers at the seams and stitched together a panel for each side.  Then gathered the skirt slightly before re-attaching it.  With the leftovers, I added two big patch pockets to cover the horizontal stitching on the side panels, & voila:
oh, and I added some cuffs too...

You can check out different ways I've worn it on my Clothes Collage page at Project Minima

3 comments:

Refashion said...

The dress is fabulous - so bright. I like the clashing patterns.
Debbie
EOD

Zoe said...

I love the bright fabric :) it is beautiful!

pao said...

It's a joy to wear too!