Friday, April 13, 2012

A No-Sew Refashion

Good morning! I am new to Refashion Co-op and extremely excited to finally be able to share my refashions with the RC community. Not only am I new to Refashion Co-op but I haven't been blogging for long either so please forgive any typos or other newbie blunders.

I have had a hard time deciding which refashion to share first. This is one of my favorites because it was so easy and turned out so well.




I purchased this skirt at a yard sale for a dollar. I am only 5'4 so this thing swamped me but I loved the tribal pattern. This skirt was just begging to become a dress and I toyed with the idea of adding shoulder straps to hold it up. As I was thinking this, I pulled the skirt up around my chest, and lo and behold, the elastic held it there perfectly! I folded the elastic down inside the dress to hide it and by doing this, I also shortened it by a couple of inches. It was still very billowy and shapeless but I wanted to keep the flow-y feel of it. I grabbed my favorite belt (I love belts) and voila!




A perfect summer dress for the hot, Texas days! I haven't had an opportunity to wear it out this year yet, but I am so looking forward to it! If you liked this refashion, I have several more at my blog that you might be interested in perusing.

3 comments:

Bat Ma'am said...

I do this with a couple of my long billowy skirts too! I love that belt!!

wildflowr1984 said...

I absolutely love what u did. As a refashionista & designer myself, pairing the red belt w the black/white is gorgeous. And who doesnt love no sew?!

Refashion said...

Sometimes the simplest things really make a piece. Great to have you joining in! -Seeks, EOD