Monday, April 09, 2012

Twee Tweed Tee











A bit bored with her plain grey tee, Penelope decided that it needed a Twee Tweed Tee transformation.






She found some vintage 1970's Welsh Trefriw Woollen Mills tweed(google them they are still around and still manufacture the same tweed) at the local thrift store for $2.00.






She found vintage pink ric rac at the German Retirement Village Garage sale for 5 cents and a bit of old white floral lace from a discarded shirt.






So well done Penelope on taking a plain grey tee and giving it a Twee Tweed Tee transformation.



Penelope would like to challenge her refashioning friends to say Twee Tweed Tee 10 times really fast. See how you go.



Hwyl fawr fy ffrindiau









5 comments:

Refashion said...

Super cute - that is gorgeous tweed, a great thrift find. Thank you for sharing,

Debbie EOD

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Thanks-I actually used the wrong side of the tweed for this project as it had a greater depth of colour.

Andrea said...

So cute! I love that tweed! Super great find...what will you do with the rest of it??? ;) I adore pockets and I think has turned out so well...love it!

Bat Ma'am said...

CUTE I love the tweed!

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

The tweed was an awesome find. It also came with the lining , a zipper and even label. The idea is that you then sew it up into a tweed skirt. Love it!

I am not sure what I will do with the rest. It is almost like a blanket so I am thinking maybe of creating a small throw or even some heavy duty shopper bags(which will come in handy for my thrift store forays).

I like hearing other refashioners ideas so I am open to suggestions.