|Here's what I began with for this refashion; an adult's dress. I cut the top of the dress off and have kept the two bands of elastic. I'll most probably use those instead of wide elastic for a couple of circle skirts next Summer.|
The embroidered hem is the main feature of the adult's dress and I obviously wanted to retain this for the girl's dress.
I've added a contrasting bodice, using fabric from my stash. The bodice is made using the A-line Tunic Dress pattern from Whimsy Couture. To attach the skirt to the bodice was simply a matter of gathering the fabric and sewing. The bodice lining hides the gathering seam on the inside.
When I held the finished dress up, it seemed a little thin. It wasn't see through, but I could see my hand when the dress was held up to the light. Just to make sure, I added a black lining to the skirt.
A quick and easy refashion. You can read more details here...