Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Great minds think alike

A few weeks ago I was looking for something else stored on my old Sony Vaio laptop when I came across some jewelry pix I’d saved some time ago for references/inspiration. One in particular -- an Anthropology seed bead and fabric necklace -- reminded me that I had  already bought a half dozen strings of garnet beads for this very project.  I was thinking I might chronicle my step-by on one of my two main blogs if the prototype came out reasonable well. 

But before getting to work on this piece -- again while looking for something else -- I came across Copy Cat Crafts (who have THE greatest disclaimer on the difference between you being a Copy Cat and a Counterfeiter) and from there discovered Flamingo Toes.


You can a). head to my blog for more details on how I made my Tana Lawn version, plus the usual ramblings which sometimes often stray from the path but get there in the end or b). skip straight to Bev’s tutorial for her construction details. 






1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

nice way to use fabric scraps!

LaLaLauren
EOD