DID YOU KNOW? If you have two refashions ready, you could post one refashion now and could schedule the second refashion at a later time. When you start a new post, simply click on SCHEDULE -- located on the right under POST SETTINGS. A calendar should appear, and all you need to do is pick a date and time for your post to appear on the blog. Scheduling a future post is great for those times when you know you'll be away from your computer yet need to complete your monthly post as per the Posting Guidelines. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Refashioning for dressups

One of my favorite refashions is making dressups so i thought I'd show you some easy ones from  a while ago.
This first one uses a adult red jacket turned into a red coat soldier or tin soldier.
I added braid and gold buttons to the front to make it look more period, as well as some braid to the shoulder. To make the sleeves fit , fold them so that you have a wide cuff that looks neat but takes up the extra length, by first folding 2/3 of the  the extra into the sleeve then 1/3 folding back out wards.  Add a  gold button to hold it in position but also makes it easy to undo for resizing.
A belt at the waist and a daggy collared ladies blouse worn underneath with a tie and away you go. I think just added elastic the cut off extra on the ladies blouse to make it fit.




 This cute clown was cut out of a very bright and ugly ladies skirt. I used a contrast leg for effect and as I didnt have enough fabric. I made the hat by making a pointed hat out of cardboard for the pattern . By using a fusible stiff lining on bright fabric the hat was able to stand up by itself.

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

I love seeing refashions turning into costumes. I myself have done it also, actually I am refashioning a dress into a halloween costume too!

LaLaLauren EOD