Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Shoe Re-Do X 2

Did a quick and easy makeover on a pair of heavy-duty brown suede sandals - nothing wrong with them really except for being boring as all get out.  Thought my iridescent acrylic copper paint might pull them out of the doldrums. Just rubbed the paint on with my finger to get a more antiqued look:
Before:  brown suede and  After: copper toned

The other pair were taupe suede platforms that I never wore because they rubbed me the wrong way - just a bit too tight at the toe:
Before:  with too-tight toes
I performed surgery with my exacto-knive making a peak-a-boo cutout at the top of the toe area. Then using strong glue and heavy duty fasteners, I folded the triangular piece of fabric back down onto the inner sole to create a clean edge:
After:  with some peek-a-boo toe action
They fit just fine now and I think they look even better!  For more shoe re-do's, check out Project Minima under "shoes."

6 comments:

O meu pensamento viaja said...

Hi! dear, following you back!
xoxo
Nina

Cassandra Louise said...

So clever! I would never have thought to open up the toes!

Bat Ma'am said...

Nice! They are so much cuter than the originals!

Refashion said...

Nice job on cutting out the toes!

LaLaLauren
EOD

pao said...

Thanks, I never would've thought of it either - if it wasn't for my shopping ban!

Charity Sims-Jenkins said...

Unless you tell me they've been altered, I wouldn't know they weren't originally like that--your cutting work is so neat. Great job!