Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Slipper Refashion, From Plain to Princess




Here are the slippers I embellished for Emily to be worn with her Victorian nightgown that I blogged about here turning them from plain, pink $6 Isotoner ballerina slippers from Wal-Mart to slippers fit for a princess. I took off the little pink bow on the top. Then cut out circle and petal shapes from floaty, lightweight fabric. Then I stacked each shape one on top of the other in two separate stacks. Picked up one of the stacks, folded it in half put a stitch through it. Then folded it the other way and put another stitch through it to make an "X," and that made a pretty little flower. I did the same with the other stack. Then I sewed a bead on the top of each flower. Then sewed the flowers onto the slippers. That's it. Pretty simple refashion.
Sewing With Trudy

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

cute shoes! i bet she loves them

LaLaLauren
EOD