Sunday, July 29, 2012

Money for Old Rubber, Part 2


Monet for old rubber part 2 (followed on form part 1)

Recycled, inner tube rubber.

Part 2 of my "Money for old rubber" collection.

Shown above is my favourite necklace to date. In fact this is 2 necklaces one on top of the other. The top one is strips strung up in such a way to create interesting curly shapes. The necklace underneath is slim strips of different lengths placed and strung with clasp fastening (still perfecting this). 
I am lucky enough to have a partner whos family in Cleator Moor near Whitehaven, who own a bicycle repair shop Ainfield Cycles. They have kindly been keeping and posting all the way to Aberdeen the inner tubes for me to reuse and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them. I have many more inner tubes to get through and am excited about what I will come up with next.
This image shows more of an interior take on reusing the inner tube. Holes were punched using hole punch and hammer, then wrapped around a UV light. I am yet to discover a way of securing the tube to the light in a professional way.   
Ok that's my update for today. Next I will be showing you what I did with a fork lift truck inner tube which is much bigger and thicker. Until next time, thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Hi hun i used to live in cleator moor i dont really like the place but others do.

Great items x

Refashion said...

Thanks for the share on your lovely necklaces! Inner tubes seem like they could be a great medium to work with. -Seeks, EOD

kalamaty said...

I was actually very surprised how good a medium it was to work with, especially has it has a surprising amount of stretch and is extremely durable