Saturday, July 28, 2012

Recycled Paint Roll

I've been painting my bedroom and, as it happens, I ran out of painters tape.  I was about the throw the roll away and it struck me!  AHA!  Bracelet!

This project didn't cost a thing because I used materials I had lying around the house.



As my hot glue was heating up, I ironed the material and cut a piece large enough to wrap around the tape roll.


I wrapped the material around the roll and folded the excess material inside the roll.  I secured the material by hot-gluing the material to the inside of the roll.


I wasn't very concerned with how neat the bottom layer material looked because I planned on wrapping a layer of lace around the roll next.

I angled the lace so that it wrapped around the roll easier and it looked cleaner.  All together, this project took a total of ten minutes to complete.


I had a really hard time taking a picture of my arm.



And there you have it!  A ten minute project that cost nothing!

Visit my blog for more projects!

2 comments:

Bat Ma'am said...

Somehow, before I got to the bottom and saw your name, I just knew this was your post ;) this is such a cool idea, by looking at the finished product, you'd never know it was a tape roll!

Refashion said...

Simple and effective. :) I love the chunky look with the lace. -Seeks, EOD