Friday, August 03, 2012

A Skirt from Two Shirts

Somehow I managed to find two identical shirts at the thrift store on two separate trips that were months apart. I had worn the first shirt until it was starting to stretch out and so I snagged its twin as a backup. Only, it wasn't quite identical....it was actually a size smaller than my original and slightly tighter than I liked. But the color and fabric was so pretty, I decided that someday they would come in handy and put them away for a rainy day. 






This week I finally hit upon the perfect project for them. By fashioning a waistband from the sleeves and a skirt from the front and back panels, I created this swishy, comfy skirt. I'm in love with the deep raspberry color! My camera just didn't do it justice. :P





1 comment:

Refashion said...

I agree, the raspberry colour is gorgeous - sleeve as waistband is a clever idea.

Debbie EOD