Friday, August 10, 2012

How to fix the holes.. or shld I leave them?

Wondering whether anyone has a brilliant idea on how to rectify a "gone wrong" situation other than using a sewing machine :-)  I was making a t-shirt bag out of an old t-shirt. This is basically a bad case of not planning ahead. I wanted to get the crochet feel to the bag, but somehow when I stretched the t-shirt material, it didn't curl as planned. Maybe wrong type of t-shirt material, but it did say 100% cotton   :-O

Before

After
I'll update everyone once I've figured out what I'm going to do :-p


5 comments:

MelBee said...

I would stitch some mesh or net fabric over the holes in contrast colour (like the mesh bags veggies come in) Hope that helps.x

American Nanny said...

You mentioned not using a sewing machine so I'm assuming that you'll use iron-on binding or fabric glue in place of stitching? I had a work intensive but possibly fabulous idea. What about stitching/gluing pockets to the inside of the bag at each hole so that each hole becomes a little pocket for small items. Then your bag could be a project bag or travel bag.

Huli said...

i like melbee's idea...looks like the holes are alil big & you might lose something through them! maybe even just hand sewing a tack in the middle of each hole might make it alil more user friendly :)

Melissa said...

I'd use lace or doilies.

Agy said...

Thank you for the lovely ideas! Will post again with the new look :-)