Friday, August 10, 2012

Crazy pants refashion to skirt, 2 bags and a top.

This week has been a lovely trip down memory lane for me as I have transformed a pair of pants that haven't been worn in about 10 years into four wearable items that I love. I held onto them for so long for sentimental and historical reasons, but the time had come to give them a new life.

Here are the pants. Crazy awesome patchwork fabric made for me when I lived in Ghana, with lots of memories attached, and ill-fitting.


First I took the seam ripper to the whole inside seam and made a cute skirt - I've already worn this twice this week.


And then I made two bags and another top from the rest of the pant legs. There's barely a shred of fabric left now.




You can see how I made these in more detail over on my blog - 365 crafty if you want. 

Thanks,
Sharon

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sharon, that fabric is just beautiful! Your skirt is fantastic, so is your bag, but I have to say your owl applique top is really, really cute.

Excellent refashioning with minimal leftover fabric, brilliant!

Erica EOD

concretenprimroses said...

What fab reuses of that lovely fabric.
Kathy

Melissa said...

I can see why you held on to the pants for so long. It was worth it all o your projects are great! I love the skirt and first handbag especially but that owl! Too cute.

La La Lauren!!! said...

omg this is great! I love the skirt and everything else is fabulous!! great job!

LaLaLauren
laurenphd.blogspot.com

Julia said...

The owl is genius!