Thursday, September 27, 2012

Got Elastic? Easy Dress to Skirt DIY

We all have that dress, the one tucked all the way in the back of the closet, the one we don't wear anymore, because well let's all say it - it's embarrassing!
Well, my dress made me look like I was 5! Seriously! Here is proof!

It's not that bad lying flat on the floor though :) But those sleeves are simply killing me! I can't believe I bought this back in the day, and more over, wore it to my senior thesis presentation in college :/ What was I thinking?!
But when I was going through my closet this past weekend, I decided it was time to do something about this dress! And yes, when you look at it, it makes perfect sense to turn it into a skirt!



I also added little ribbon loops on the sides to run my skinny belt through:

And ta-da (well not really, I still need an elastic to run through the top) But I was so excited to share this post with you, because I think this is by far one of the best "saves" that I did!

I just can't get over this pattern! Never will! Have an awesome day everyone!
xo,
Z
PS. Don't hesitate to check out my blog - http://beingzhenya.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Suits you much better as a skirt! Thanks for sharing your refashion here

Erica EOD

concretenprimroses said...

Its a lovely skirt. Good job!
Kathy

Zhenya H said...

Thank you ladies!