Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hello!

Hi!

My name is Elise (but I'm not the same Elise as posted here previously!). This is my first post here, but I have been refashioning things for a long time. In fact, I grew up doing it.

With all that history, you'd think I'd be better at it, but no. :-) I'm happy with my stuff, but no one would ever hire me as a seamstress. ;-)

Today, I am sharing a refashion composed of a couple of things that I have been hanging on to because I couldn't decide what to do with them. The first is an old cotton sweater that I had planned to unravel and reknit--until I realized that it would not unravel as one long thread. The second is an old fall t-shirt, which once had 3/4 sleeves. However, I had a HUGE ink stain upon the lower sleeve. I tried a bunch of different things to preserve the sleeve, nothing worked, and I hated everything I tried to do to refashion it



 So I set it aside for several years. Today, I picked up my scissors and headed over to the sewing machine. With a snip-snip here and a stitch-stich there, I made a cowl, a smple peaked cap (because I love to wear hats) and a refashioned fall shirt. I am most pleased with how the shirt and the cowl came out. The hat is okay, and since this is Wisconsin, and winter is fierce, every hat I have is a friend to me no matter what shape it is in. :-)


Thanks for looking! I blog primarily here, but I have not done a more detailed post about this particular refashion.

(Elise Too)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh nice, love those striped sleeves. Thanks for joining refashion co-op!

Erica. EOD

Cucicucicoo said...

welcome! i like the shirt with striped sweater sleeves! i've been meaning to do something like that, too! :) lisa