Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Refashion a Night Gown into a Top and Shorts Set

How to Refashion a Night Gown

Short and Tank Pajama Set

I got a lovely little night gown at the thrift store.  I picked it up becuase it was great fabirc. Super soft and looked brand new.  However I don't sleep in Night Gowns.  I like to sleep in a tank top and shorts.  So I decited to take the night gown and make it into somthing I couldl get more use out of.


This is a quick before and after photo I took 


You can see all the step by step directions on my blog.  I also have a lot of other refashions on my blog.


For this pair of shorts I used a method that I have never used before for the waist of the shorts.  I could have done a lot of things, like add a casing for a draw string or add elastic.  But I wanted to do somthing more unique.  

This is how the shorts ended up
I added a waist band from another pair of yoga pants.  I like how it worked out and think I will try in agian.  I did this so that I could leave some raw edges.  I think this could also work well with a draw string, maybe I will do that next time.

If you want to see how to mak this with step by step photos this link will take you 

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Wow, talk about creative! I like the look!

Cucicucicoo said...

very cute and looks comfy! :) lisa

To Catch A Thrift said...

LOVE THIS! I also dislike sleeping in nightgowns, and love short and cami sets. DEFINITELY going to do this with some of mine! Thank you!

Ashley of To Catch A Thrift

Refashion said...

I would not think there was enough fabric in the original to make this! Nicely done!
Jenni EOD

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! It is super comfy!

Jenni that is why I added the yoga waist. Other wise the shorts would have been quite short. Also the fabric did not need to be hemmed, so that helped with the top! Also it had adjustable straps... also helping :)

Thanks for looking