Thursday, September 06, 2012

Two Tone Leather Bag: Leather Dye Testing


I picked up this all leather messenger bag from the thrift store for a few dollars.  But, the "vintage" bag came along with a few "vintage" stains.  And I have yet to find a good method of getting stains out of leather (if you know of one, please pass along).  You can see a couple of the stains on the front of the bag - there were also several on the back and on the shoulder strap.  

I'd heard good things about the leather dyes that you can purchase online, in a multitude of cool colors, but I didn't have the patience to order and wait for it to be delivered.

So I used Kiwi Leather Dye, which I found in the shoe department at Wal-mart.


After my dying experiment:



You can read my full review of this dye on my blog.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I like it. I would use the colour all over actually. But then maybe that would be too much.
I like that it is textured brown and not solid though.
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

The two tone effect works really well, great fix and great bag

Erica EOD

Unknown said...

Interesting post. Now you can use this indian products directory to promote leather accessories import & export business.