Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blazer to Bag: A celebration!

Hello friends! This time I get to make a timely refashion before our poor editors have to send me reminders! Moving states has been tough, but now that we are more settled in our rental apartment I am determined, DETERMINED, not to be an errant student anymore...

The last 12 boxes from Iowa have finally arrived this week, and with them came this blazer:


And in about 2 days (slow, I know, but if you know me, this is considered quite fast, hehe) I turn it into this:
Details:
Blazer is my 5 yr-old Zara made of a thick knit (poly and spandex)
Also used: Thrifted faux leather material, thrifted fuchsia/hot pink thick satin for lining, repurposed metal snap

For more pictures and what I did, do visit my blog-post on this.

By the way, my blog turn 1 this month, and for that I am planning to give away some of the patterns that I have been hoarding for a while. I couldn't purge them before the move, I am too attached to them, but I figure it is best to share them with my fellow sewing enthusiasts. I have to sort through them first, but I will update re this on my page within the week.

Warm regards,
Far @ Memoryseed

4 comments:

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Wow...just went to your blog and saw the step by step picks. Love this refashion. Very clever.

Ulla-Marie said...

Oh how I wish that my creativity did not stop at the thought, but I'd be like you and pursue the idea. I would probably not do it so nicely, but yet ...

Far said...

Thank you Mezzy for the sweet comment, and for dropping by my blog!

Far said...

Someday inspiration will take over you.and you will create somethi.g before you can stop yourself! Hehe...:)