Friday, October 19, 2012

Found In The Costume Dept.

I admit I may get a little over-excited when my local thrift stores start to put out Halloween merchandise.  Not because I'm a huge fan of Halloween, or even generally dress up, but because they hide lots of great re-fashioning items in the "costume" section.  I swear they hoard lots of great vintage stuff in the back until Halloween rolls around.  Yes, you have to hunt through lots of dracula capes, 80's prom dresses, and itchy polyester but they hide some really good stuff in there.

So before Halloween hits, I'm showcasing some of my great "costume" finds and how to re-fashion them into something more wearable.


Day 1: 


Bridesmaid dress turned maxi-skirt.

I'm loving maxi skirts and dresses for fall - they keep your legs a little warmer than a short skirt or sundress.


Back

Front


Head on over to my blog to see how I did it.

2 comments:

cookiecrumbs said...

Great find! I love those colours too. Perfect as a maxi skirt!

The Renegade Seamstress said...

Super cute refashion! I'll have to keep my eyes open in the Halloween section. Thanks for the tip!
Beth