Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Man's Jacket Remake

  My oldest son is a fashion guy. Great style all his life. Recently he and his girlfriend were off to a wedding and he wanted a new jacket. He asked if I might give it a try. Men's clothing is not my refashion standard by any means. He had some specifics, double vent back, fitted, dressy... and so I found a jacket just a bit too big for him and here is the result of my efforts.



The collar became the cross piece and so to cover the interfacing around the neck, I used all the scrap.
Not a single piece of fabric left. I'm pretty proud of that.


  

11 comments:

Andrea said...

That's sick! I love it, and want to make one for my hubby ;) Great great great job, and high five on no scraps left behind :) I'm inspired, impressed, and jealous that you did this first ;)

Far said...

Wow!

Jody Pearl said...

How wonderful that your son gave you the opportunity to stretch your REinventing talent - you both did each other proud as the Jacket is stunning and he looks amazing in it!

Eileen Cox said...

It's not easy to refashion for young men - trust me, I have two sons and I miss the mark more than make it most times - this is awesome, and doubly so for using up everything that you cut from the jacket. It's interesting, it's creative, it's perfectly fitting - a huge success!

Mandy said...

WOW!! That is AMAZING! He ROCKS that jacket! Great job :)

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Very original. Well done!

concretenprimroses said...

Wow! is right.
Great job.
Kathy

Cucicucicoo said...

that is insanely cool! and how wonderful that your son wants to wear customized clothing like this. i can't think of many men who would be adventurous enough to! the jacket is just amazing! :) lisa

Unknown said...

Agree with the other comments here, refashioning for men is not easy to do. This is amazing. Thanks for sharing with us

Erica, EOD

Adele said...

That is absolutely awesome, well done!

Adele said...

That is absolutely awesome, well done!