Thursday, October 18, 2012

Refashioned Pants...

Hi, Pam here from Threading My Way.

There is easily enough fabric in a pair of man's pants, to make a pair of pants for a young girl. I began with a pair of Jag cotton/polyester pants and used Butterick B5019.
Image source

The only element I kept from the original pants, was the pockets. 

Pocket attached to original men's pants...

I resized the pockets and sewed them to the backs before sewing the pants.


I also added inseam pockets the same as in the Mud Puddle Splashers I made in July.


Head on over to Threading My Way for more details of this pants refashion. While you're there , you might like to have a look at the ten dress tutorials made from refashioned garments.

... Pam

2 comments:

Beka&Yel said...

LINDO http://becaeyel.blogspot.com.br/

Unknown said...

Super cute pocket lining!

Erica, EOD