Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Divine Neckline Tee

I had the best time of my life hanging out for 3 weeks in San Francisco totally immersed in the vintage scene. I found an amazing vintage tee that I fell in love with and brought it back home. I wore it and wore it and wore until it became threadbare and holey. My husband then gently told me....."Mezzy it is now time to retire the tee" How could I abandon my favourite tee??????.....in the threadbare holey fabric were all my amazing memories of San Francisco. The only thing that I could rescue from my San Francisco tee was the beautiful plaited neckline. So I kept it for a year and looked at it everyday draped around the neck of my dressmaker's model. Finally the day dawned when I had an project for my plaited neckline.


So here is my plaited neckline after it has been removed from threadbare holey tee.

This is the end result after it has been added to a plain grey tee. Love the addition of texture and colour.

The plait softens the neckline while a few extra roses make for a pretty and feminine tee.
Details on the full refashion can be found at my blog



5 comments:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

This is SO adorable!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Unknown said...

This is great, you've managed to extend the life of your favourite t-shirt even longer, yey! Wonderful new neckline Mezzy

Erica

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Thank you both for your lovely comments. Life is all about experiences and money can never replace feelings or memories.That plaited neckline is all about joy, happiness and three amazing weeks spent with much missed world traveller daughter.

Jenni said...

I really like this and haven't seen anything quite like it before. Nice job!

Ernie's Mum said...

Beautiful story and a very beautiful top too. Love the colours.