Thursday, October 25, 2012

High-Low Skirt for Under a Dollar

DIY high low polka dot skirt.
I've been on the lookout for a long skirt at thrift stores, and I finally found one on Tuesday. The skirt was a size large and was missing a button, but it was sixty-six cents, so I couldn't pass this baby up. Here are the too-big before pictures.
IMG_9709IMG_9711
IMG_9720
I turned the skirt inside out and took in the side seams about an inch on each side to make the skirt a little more narrow. Nobody wants a skirt that falls off. Weird... I also resewed the button that was missing on the top.
IMG_9739
IMG_9737
After that, I folded the skirt like it is in the picture and cut the front part off, making sure to do a gradual curve as I cut so there wouldn't be any harsh angles. I still need to hem the skirt, but the fabric doesn't ravel very much, so I'll just hem it when I get around to it.
Tutorial
This skirt was so fun and simple to refashion, and now I have a rocking high-low skirt for under a dollar. That's the kind of price I like. :) It blows my mind how people can buy new when there are such great deals to be found at Salvation Army.

Here are some more refashions I've done lately. Also, if you love this post so much and can't imagine your life without my semi-blurry pictures and love for cutting things up, here's a link to my blog. 

3 comments:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

CUTE!!!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Unknown said...

66c?? Err, wow! Loving the high/low shape

Erica , EOD

cookiecrumbs said...

Polka dots rule!