Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Curtain to apron re-fashion

If you're anything like me you will fall in love with a pair of floral vintage-feel curtains in a charity shop at the drop of a hat...

So you bring them home until you can decide what to do with them, right?

Yep.  I thought so.

It just so happened that I wanted something like a money belt to wear at a Christmas Fair. 

So I put two and two together and came up with a vintage inspired apron. 

As you can see I also added some polka dot detailing, a large pocket (well, you might not be able to see that - it blends in!) and some pre-loved lace taken from a  top:


I was happy with how it turned out and it felt 'right'.

For more details of this and other refashions, you are welcome to pop over to my blog at


Happy refashioning!!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

This is perfect for a Christmas Fayre! or even for serving up at any holiday.
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

Yes, you're right, all that gorgeous vintage curtain/sheet/pillowcase fabric, but what to do with it?

Love your apron!

Erica, EOD