Wednesday, November 21, 2012

From Bugs to Barbie

 Here's my latest homemade jewelry collection:  
an old necklace with Barbie accessories added

See?  Each bead has a jump ring with a unique accessory attached!
 It was my Mom's old necklace and my re-discovered Barbie doll with her wardrobe that got that one going.


a golden beetle on a red silken cord

painted a toy plastic bug gold, added jump rings & slip tied cord through

string of "pearls" with golden bug brooch attached

painted toy plastic bug, added pearl eyes and wired pin back onto it, pinned onto pearl strands
My Golden Bugs are heavily influenced by the lovely Sacramento's Golden Spider brooch.


Visit my blog, Project Minima under jewelry for more!  And thanks for looking.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool, using barbie accessories, as adult accessories! Love the golden bugs too

Erica, EOD

Stacey said...

I love the golden bugs! They're gorgeous.