Thursday, November 01, 2012

Poppies, poppies and more poppies

Hello all!

I bought a fabulous ladies skirt in a charity shop last year sometime.  Well, my daughter was pleading with me at the time because I'd realised I could make it into a swing top for her.

Easy peasy - cut a section out of both sides and sew up.  Make the cut out sections into straps and you'd never know that it was never a swing top!  My original blog post is here.


So anyway, my daughter has now outgrown the top.  It is no longer 'her thing'.

So I reclaimed the fabric and re-refashioned it into a bucket bag!


With a black and white interior and a poppy pocket - I can never find the pockets at the best of times, so this ensured that it was at least visible!



I just love taking something and making it into something else!

For more details of this and other refashions, you can check out my blog at


Happy refashioning!!

5 comments:

Ernie's Mum said...

Love the bag. That bag design really suits the fabric. Great job.

Judy C said...

Fabulous!

Unknown said...

A refashion, of a refashion! Bag looks great, so did the swing top!


Erica, EOD

concretenprimroses said...

That is beautiful fabric, great that you found 2 reuses for it. Love the polka dots and floweer combo.
Kathy

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Wow. This is beautiful. Love the colours, style and look. Fabulous result.