Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Velvet skirts for fall


On the hunt for some new fall clothes, I recently came across these two velvet skirts at the thrift store for $2 each.



The weight of the velvet was perfect for fall, as were the colors – dark teal and warm chocolate brown. The tags said size 16, but I could tell that someone else had refashioned them down to a much smaller size, one that fit me well. The only issue was the incredibly awkward length – a quick fix.  

I chopped off several inches, folded under the hems, then hand-stitched them down. Here’s how they turned out.



 Rocking the monochromatic look.


Ready to vote!

Unfortunately, the colors don’t show up too well in these photos. The blue and brown go well together, though, so I am thinking I will make a color-blocked bag with the scraps…one of these days.

Thanks for reading!
Amy


1 comment:

Unknown said...

A simple length change makes the world of difference

Love your voting outfit!

Erica EOD