Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Jean Refashion - Pants to Fabric Folder

I think jean refashions are by far my favorite!  I am constantly trying to find new ways to refashion old jeans.  I am always on the look out for friends getting rid of old pairs, so I can rescue them and breath new life into them.  Here are a pair of my most recent rescues .... well, they are no longer in the form of pants anymore.  These were my neighbors blue jeans.  He so graciously donated several old pairs, along with some brand new shirts he never used.  Refashion jackpot!  This man deserves a little something in return for his generosity, so this Holiday season I made him something as a gift from a pair of the jeans he gave me.  






It's a nice large envelope that regular 8"x 11.5" paper can easily fit in.  Plus I added the back pocket of the pants to the back of the fabric envelope folder, so there is extra storage for pens or whatever fits his fancy.

 If you click the link above it will lead you to a tutorial on how you can make your own fabric envelope folder.  They are super easy and even fun to make.  There are a few other fun, easy holiday gift tutorials in that post, so I hope you enjoy them.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Sticky Genius

1 comment:

Adele said...

Oh that is so cute! I absolutely love it. Gorgeous :)

Adele - EOD