Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bolo bow ties

Hello!

I work with mens ties - I upcycle them in collars - maybe you have seen my previous posts. But usually I'm left with ties which are damaged or don't fit. So I had to figure out what to do with these...
I love bow ties, but I don't fancy that stripe holding it on neck. And I have discovered bolos - American cowboys thing, but very fashionable even these days. So I mixed these two I made bolo bow ties... (smile :)

They are made from skinnier part of neck tie, the back part. The edges are secured with leather (from vintage leather pants). Bolo slides cords and tips are from USA - well, you cannot get them in Europe!

It's an accessory for girls and boys, bit geeky // nerdy, but looks good on shirt as well as on strapless top - just like necklace.







I have more pictures on my Facebook page. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Refashion said...

Fun mix of looks. :) -Seeks, EOD

Sandy said...

What a great idea.
You can get something like the tip if you search aglets.
For instance, here in the UK you can get them to put on the tips of cord for lacing corsets.
Vena Cava Designs do them.
http://www.venacavadesign.co.uk/Products/browse/cat/Aglets.html
Sandy in the UK
(Sew Whatever)

Mikelina said...

I love this! I've been on a bit of a bow tie kick recently, but I've been making them for my son. Wearing them this way is super feminine!

Unknown said...

This made me smile.