Thursday, January 17, 2013

Granny dress makeover

Hiya my latest refashion was once a very large, very badly made and stained "granny dress" I bought at a garage sale late last year then threw in my refashion pile only to be found yesterday!

 So to refashion it I had to unpick the entire thing...my least favourite thing about refashioning! Then I whipped up this sweet lil dress with a invisable zip, fully lined bodice & slightly gathered skirt.

 As the original dress had so many stains I had to lose alot of the length so I will most likely add a trim to the hem to lengthen it a tad!
 The collar was too small to fit my new neckline so I just tacked it down at the back but I quite like the look.
As always you can find me over at Made with Love by Hulibug happy refashioning everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So nice! I love the collar and the color!!!!
Beth

twobutterflies said...

Beautiful!! Looks great on you!

Hanne said...

My english is not so good, but what a change!! I like it so much. When I saw the original dress I couldn´t imagine that it had such good potential to be something new and better.

La La Lauren!!! said...

that dress makes me want to drool.... love it!

LaLaLauren
EOD

Adele said...

That is absolutely stunning! I want one. Did you use a pattern or just wing it?

PS. Make me one lol