Tuesday, January 29, 2013

waist replaced

DH had some undies where the fabric had frayed over the elastic. Recently I got in on a deal for proper waistband elastic. So, I took the idea from some of his other pairs to replace the whole waistband part with this other stuff.
one of the frayed pairs

Okay, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The 'good stuff' is very firm. I struggled to stretch and overlock at the same time. For the second pair, I stretched and sewed on the sewing machine first, then did the stretch and overlock part.
one of the fixed pairs - I put the overlocking on the outside so it wouldn't be scratchy.

Confession: I have decided it is easier to buy new. Sorry.

I did learn how to do this though! and I will make sure to buy the undies with that sort of elastic so they don't wear out so quickly. So, still a bit of saving.

Oh, and I kept the buttons from the pairs that I tossed.

3 comments:

Adele said...

They look really good. It's always good to pick up new tricks anyway so you know how to do it now if you ever need to again :)

Adele - EOD

Unknown said...

I love your "confession" and apology. :) Sometimes it's just better to make dusting rags and start over. :)

Cucicucicoo said...

I love the confession too! Unfortunatly things don't always work out. I've never attempted to fix undies (we have lots of underwear dusting rags!), so i commend you on at least trying! :) lisa