Monday, February 18, 2013

Dragonfly Dress

I snatched up this bright aqua housedress at the thrift store a few months back for $3. The shape (or lack thereof) is terrible, but the color and adorable embroidery on the skirt really called to me.

Dragonfly Dress - Before

I chopped off the top and made straps from the remnants. I also added a couple bust darts and took in the sides quite a bit to give it a shape less... rectangular. And now I'm all set for summer!

Dragonfly Dress - AfterDragonfly Dress - After

More details and photos can be found at CarissaKnits.

3 comments:

planettreasures said...

Definitely a great improvement!
You have done a great job.

Adele said...

Wow, I love that. Very stylish!

Adele - EOD

Julia said...

Awesome!! I love the embroidery, good eye to notice it! And what you did with the straps, it's perfect. Nice work!