Monday, February 11, 2013

Remade Shirt/Blouse with Petal Collar


I haven't shared much on this blog for ages, so here's a beaut for you! Well, I think it's a good 'un; there's some interesting ideas in there anyway even if you're not a fan of the actual finished garment. At risk of insulting your intelligence, I'll state that this garment was created using one unwanted mens checked shirt and one unwanted mens denim shirt. 


Starting with some uber simple bog-standard blouse pattern, I altered the bust shaping from a side bust dart into a shaped yoke seam. I ignored the waist-shaping darts on the front and back because I wanted to make a looser fitting garment. I cut both shirts so I'd retain the functionality of the original buttons and button-stands. I really like how the two shirts have different coloured buttons to emphasise the 'cut-and-shut' nature of this shirt. For the same reason I also like how the breast pockets of the denim shirt are only partly visible. 


I drafted a simple 'petal' collar with a scalloped edge and cut the collar pieces from the denim shirt's discarded sleeves. The 3/4 sleeves are cut from the checked shirt but I retained a bit of the original sleeve gauntlets/plackets for an extra bit of interest and a 'nod' to its former incarnation! 

Happy Refashioning

6 comments:

Andrea said...

i am really liking this! great job :)

Refashion said...

oooh, lovely refashion Zoe. I especially like the juxtaposition of denim and plaid, plus the petal collar is so sweet.

Debbie EOD

DressUpNotDown said...

LOVE it for sure...especially the partially visual pockets!!!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Cute! Looks comfy too!

preeti said...

thats really cool!

Adele said...

That is awesome!!

- Adele @ Mammy Made