Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sweater to cardigan

I was full of admiration for the people on Wardrobe Refashion who cut sweaters into cardigans. But as I found sweaters far too warm (at my age), I took a deep breath and picked up the scissors.
I have had this sweater for more years than I care to remember, but love the colour and the yarn.

I carefully chose some suitable cotton fabric from my stash and made 2 strips to form the front facings. Cut the sweater up the middle, then folded the strips lengthwise to enclose the raw edges. Machined together, made buttonholes, and finished the top and bottom section by hand as well as adding 4 vintage buttons.

Ready for warmer Spring days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love this idea. Thanks for sharing!
~Jen

Refashion said...

Great refashion - the cardigan looks very pretty. Thanks for sharing

Debbie EOD