Thursday, March 07, 2013

criss-cross scarf

a few years back i received this scarf as part of a swap. i really liked the color, the yarn and how it's crocheted, but i didn't love how it fit. 




i was inspired by this criss-cross scarf from the book 101 designer yarn stash wonders which i'd wanted to knit, but wasn't able to figure out.


so i cut open my cowl scarf, shaped the ends...


made a couple of large button holes...




...and had myself a new scarf! you slip the end of it into those two holes to tighten it around your neck.



like this! well, it's not quite as cute as the one in the book, but at least now i'll actually wear it!


more pix and details on my blog!

4 comments:

IWOM said...

Sez who? This is 10% cuter than the one in the book!

:-)

IWOM: EOD

Cucicucicoo said...

lol! thanks, IWOM! :)

Zhenya H said...

One of the kids in my class has that scarf you were trying to copy, I can ask the mom if they made it! But I looked at it today and it seemed very easy to make, but it's knitted, not crocheted!
Zhenya
http://beingzhenya.com

Cucicucicoo said...

hi zhenya! yes, i know it's knitted. what i meant was that the one i refashioned was crocheted.